Friday, August 19, 2005

Procrastination Station

so i'm kind of nervous. i'm planning on taking my learner's test for my class 3 driver's license on monday. i guess i just don't know what to expect and that makes me nervous. i don't know if i've studied enough or if i've even retained any of the stuff i have read. the book's so thick too man it took me forever to get through everything, then by the time i did i felt like i forgot the stuff i learned in the first place. so anyways i decided i've been putting it off for far too long and i have to just set a date and go do it. i thought it would be good to go on monday(aug.22), and then hopefully everyone will be going to the beach so that can be my celebration or a chance to cheer me up if i fail.
and i need to do this, i can't stay at my job anymore. the problem is, it's so comfortable. i have to step out of my bubble but this job has made me so lazy that i don't want to. i need to up my work ethic for sure. i get all my work done here but it's pretty easy and i don't try to do anything to impress anyone because no one will notice and i won't get paid more because of it anyways. right now, shipping/recieving, i'm making the same as the girl before me made when she was still driving..how does that work? probably has something to do with my last name and they think i'm just a kid or something. maybe i should toss my wedding pictures at them and give them the dimensions of the space i live in. luckily my parents are amazing. they've been saving the rent we pay every month so they can put me through the driving course to get my full license. i think once i get my learner's that will get the ball rolling and give me more of an idea of what to expect. i haven't been tested or taken a test in like 2 maybe 3 years so yea i'm a little nervous, but i'll get through it...with the support of your comments alone..haha jk. thanks for reading, i'll have funnier posts later.

7 Comments:

Blogger jon mmMMmm said...

hahaha yea we'll do more volleyball on monday too. may as well. i think we should just move to the beach todd. the sand would be soft to sleep on, we can bathe in the lake, and hunt the dogs that are brought by their unexpecting owners. We'll just have to watch out for Sarah's protesting of killing animals for our sheer survival.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Todd Bee said...

LOL, i think if it's to live she'll be ok with it...ah man those stinky, wet dogs...so tasty

12:34 PM  
Blogger tracypants said...

hahahah omg jon, you're witty too!! that's the funniest thing ever.

lol. good luck todd!! and even if you don't pass, it's really no big deal it'll just make you more prepared for next time. my bro failed a whole bunch of times haha and no one judged him. that was supposed to make you feel better.... but now i'm not so sure if it sounds bad... meh u know what i mean.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Good luck Todd!!! I'll be praying that you can retain and remember all the stuff you've read. Rock the kasba!

12:38 PM  
Blogger jon mmMMmm said...

so did u go or did u stay and did u pass or did u fail

11:22 AM  
Blogger Todd Bee said...

i failed

1:28 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Here's another vote of confidence on your retention.

Read up, bro.

Ben O.

http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home